I am a Christian . . . A follower of Jesus Christ . . . because I am a Christian . . . by the grace of God . . . I act like a Christ follower . . . empowered by God to refuse evil.
The list that follows is on a little piece of paper that I keep in my Bible. I have no idea who gave it to me or who the credit goes to. Above all it should go to Jesus Christ who indwells us and gives us the strength to live in His Holy Spirit. Otherwise, you will not be able to ‘keep’ the principles on this list, you will fail like I have on many of these points. BUT – Glory to God because His mercies are new every morning and I start again with a new slate, washed daily in His precious blood.
“But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart.
A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.”
~1 Corinthians 7:15~
“In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” ~Romans 8:37~
- I do not respond in the flesh
- I do not get angry and give way to hatefulness
- I refuse bad thoughts that generate ungodly feelings
- I refuse to fear about what might happen tomorrow
- I don’t engage in a word battle with one who opposes me
- I refuse to retaliate anyone when wrong is done to me
- I don’t resist anyone but the devil
- I do not allow my active imagination to rule my inclinations
- I do not whine and complain when things don’t go my way
- I refuse to allow myself to think that God doesn’t care . . .
- I will not allow myself to think that God is not fair
- I will not be selfish and demand my own way or my own rights
- I will not believe the lies of the evil one to destroy my soul
- I take youthful lust seriously and flee them
- I will not walk in the counsel of the ungodly . . .
- I do not fall into being a person pleaser . . . so others will like me
- I will not think, speak, or act against my conscience . . .
- I will not be silent when the truth should prevail
- I refuse to be condemned by the devil
- I refuse to be discouraged . . . downtrodden and in despair
- I will not be disorderly in my thoughts, words or actions
- I will not be lazy but rather choose diligence in every area
- I will refuse to think evil of others
- I will not be discontent with my lot in life . . . never complain
- I will not manipulate a situation to my own advantage
- I will never offend a little one or a weaker one
- I will not sow discord among the brethren
- I will not be unkind
Let’s stay connected and fellowship on
Add your Linkup Button to my Directory HERE
LINKUP with WholeHearted Wednesdays HERE