I have made these sweet rustic hearts to hang in my windows or give away since my children were little. They are so easy to make and will give your home a sweet aroma. They will be easy to make with your children.
Here are the absolutely common household ingredients:
- 1 cup cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Elmer’s glue
Combine spices, add applesauce and glue.
- Work mixture with hands for 2-3 minutes to form a ball.
- If the mixture is too dry – add applesauce, if it is too wet – add cinnamon.
- Knead on a cinnamon sprinkled surface until it holds together well.
- Divide into 4 portions and roll out each ball to 1/4″ thick and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place on cookie sheets.
- Make a small hole for hanging with pencil.
- Air dry, turning once. This takes from 3-5 days. Or you may dry them in a slow oven (250-300) for several hours.
- I did a combination of oven drying (1 hour) and the rest air drying for a couple of days. The ornaments will curl if they dry too quickly and start to burn if dried too long in the oven.
- Insert ribbon into hole after drying.
- Use as air fresheners,package decorations, tree ornaments, or even make delicious smelling garland!!!
Remember, to be a sweet smelling aroma in the Spirit you give off this Season, and every season, praying continually throughout your day.
Be the action and not the reaction of Christ dwelling within you permeating out-of-you to others.
Be filled with the Holy Spirit. Be.
Don’t forget to linkup your favorite posts every week for WholeHearted Wednesdays!!
Drop by every Thursday for Blessed At Home with Contributors from my Niche!!
The following two tabs change content below.
Judith lives in the beautiful Pocono Mountains with the most amazing husband for the past thirty-five fleeting years. She has been blessed with seven wonderful children through birth, adoption, and tubal reversal. When her oldest was five, she quit her job on the night shift and homeschooled for over twenty-five years. God has taken the imperfections of her life and keeps turning them into something that can be used for His glory. She writes in her spare time over at WholeHearted Home to inspire and equip women for holy living with joyfilled hearts.
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle is HERE!! - April 23, 2014
- Ultimate Homemaking Bundle – 6 Days ONLY!! + WholeHearted Wednesday #88 - April 22, 2014
- Having a Company Ready Home When Life is Crazy - April 22, 2014